|Home Latest News November 18,19 UCLA walkouts
November 18,19 UCLA walkouts
The main demands of the UC strike are the following:
- We demand that the Regents vote no on the proposed fee increases.
- We demand that the UC stop cuts and layoffs, and end its aggressive union-busting tactics.
- We demand transparency of the UC budget, including complete
figures on how much of the additional revenue from fees will be
diverted for construction and used as bond collateral.
- We demand that the Regents expand enrollment of
underrepresented groups and ensure equal access to education for all by
maintaining all educational institutions as sanctuary spaces for
undocumented students and workers and by providing adequate financial
aid for undocumented and underrepresented students.
- We demand an explanation for the failure of the UC leadership
to make an effective case for public higher education. As both students
and taxpayers, we demand leaders who can make that case, and an
administration whose transparency can once again inspire the confidence
of the state and its citizens.